Peace of mind begins with a plan.
Our mission is to preserve your loved one’s independence, dignity and quality of life. We’ll work one on one with your loved one and family to develop the best possible Plan of Care. We can provide as little or as much care management or attendant, non-medical assistance as needed to help your loved one with life’s daily activities.
GERIATRIC CARE MANAGEMENT
- A trained Geriatric Care Manager evaluates the client in the home environment (be it the client’s home, an assisted living facility or a nursing home).
- The Geriatric Care Manager interviews the client, his/her family or loved ones to learn more about the client’s wishes and needs.
- A comprehensive Plan of Care is developed based on the assessment and client’s wishes and needs.
- The client’s family member or loved one meets with a Geriatric Care Manager in the office to discuss the client’s situation and to get advice and counsel.
- A trained clinician is available from Attendant Care Services (ACS) to help a client’s family and loved ones manage the stresses that can come from being a caregiver.
Ongoing Care Management:
- The Geriatric Care Management professionals at ACS provide follow-up to ensure the Plan of Care for each client is being revised and followed. They also review and coordinate the client’s needs to make sure all providers are working together. The goal for each of our clients is to help them maintain their dignity and quality of life.
- ACS staff members may be appointed to serve as the conservator of the person. These appointments have been through the Probate Court of Shelby County. Any appointment accepted by an ACS staff member has been made following extensive interviews with all interested parties related to the person identified as being in need of a conservator.
- Attendant Care Services is unique in the industry. For each client, we conduct a comprehensive Geriatric Care Management Assessment, enabling us to work with the client’s family and loved ones most effectively. From this, a comprehensive Plan of Care is individualized for each client.
- As we implement the Plan of Care, we thoughtfully consider the client’s abilities, wishes and needs, and we take care to match those with skills and talents of our attendants to ensure the client’s dignity and quality of life are maintained. The Plan of Care is continuously updated and revised, enabling ACS to best serve our clients.
- Our commitment to each client’s dignity and quality of life is evident in daily interactions and visits in the home environment, as well as in any clinical support the client needs.
Communication is critical when providing care. Attendant Care Services uses advanced homecare technology to connect ACS staff, clients and their families through their desktop or mobile devices.
- Staff and caregivers can access important information about a client’s needs, contacts, resources anywhere, anytime.
- Staff and caregivers can add notes for clients or family members.
- Data upload and storage meets HIPAA privacy and security requirements.